1. Mentorship opportunities with seasoned professionals
2. Networking opportunities
3. Receive quarterly e-newsletter- “The Spotlight”
4. Receive information on relevant professional global activities
5. Receive support/ guidance in research activities from seasoned OT academicians and researchers
6. Publishing opportunities in e-newsletter
7. Peer recognition and career support
- Contribute to promote cultural awareness, diversity, and inclusion in occupational therapy.
- Provide a forum to discuss issues that are unique to occupational therapy practitioners of Asian Pacific heritage.
- Provide networking opportunities to promote research, education, and practice.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING MEMBERSHIP FORM
You will not be able to "submit" the form directly from the website. Please follow the ABCD steps below:
A. DOWNLOAD FORM B. COMPLETE FORM C. SAVE FORM as "APHOTA-(Your Last Name and First Initials)" in .pdf D. SEND FORM AS ATTACHMENT IN AN E-MAIL
Hiral Khatri, OTD, OTR/L- Membership Chair. E-Mail: HiralOT@gmail.com
Need more help? Please follow the detailed steps below:
- Open the file in your browser by clicking on the link above.
- You can fill the form and then download or download the blank form and save it to your computer (you may use the "print" feature available to you and select "Microsoft Print to PDF" [under destination in the dialogue box that comes up when print is selected on PCs] and then create a document to save to your computer. This will save the document in a .pdf format. You can also print on paper, hand fill and scan to save it to your computer.
- Ensure form is complete before sending. Fields; B, 1, 6d and 11 are required. Save the document as ".pdf" file and name it as "APHOTA- (Your Last Name and First Initials)" - for example, "APHOTA- SmithJ". This will help with our records keeping.
- Send the completed document as an attachment to an e-mail to HiralOT@gmail.com with "APHOTA Membership" in the subject line.
Who can become a member?
Membership is open to all occupational therapy practitioners ( occupational therapists [OT] and occupational therapy assistants [OTA]), OT and OTA students, and organizations and non-occupational therapy practitioners who support the mission and purpose of the Association. A member need not be of Asian/ Pacific heritage or of any particular nationality.
- A voting member is an OT practitioner or student member who has paid dues for that year/ has membership in good standing.
- An associate member (non voting) is an individual (non OT practitioner) or organization which has paid dues/ has associate membership in good standing.